408.5 Calories, Fat: 26.75g, Sat Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 72.5mg, Potassium: 27mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Dietary Fiber: 10.5g, Protein: 19g
Blend and enjoy!
Pecans are very high in calories and are a great source of unsaturated fats (healthy fats). Although, this protein shake is on the healthy side, it is high in fat. 1 cup of Pecas = 684 Caloires and 71g Fat (6g of unsaturaed fat, 21g polyunsaturated and 40g unsaturated) I only used 1/4 cup, about 1oz, which is a recommendable serving size for nuts. I recommend drinking this in your high-fat day.
Interesting Facts about Peacas:
- Pecans contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for wellness.
- Good source of monounsaturaed fatty acids, like oleic acid adn an excellent soruce of phenolic antioxidant.
- Regular addition of pecan nuts in the diet helps to decrease total as well as LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increases HDL or “good cholesterol” levels in the blood.
- Rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Excelent source of Vitamin E.