1 Summer Yellow Squash
Raw Marinara Sauce:
1 carton Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
1 Roma Tomato
1 medium Red Beet
Stems of 2 Swiss Red Chard leaves
5 Dates (depends how sweet you want it).
High Performance Blender, such as Vitamix or Ninja.
- Wash Zucchini and Squash well. Cut both ends. You can grate or spiralize them. I opted for grating, since my spirilizer broke.
- Set aside in fridge.
- Wash cherry and roma tomatoes and put in blender.
- Wash and de-stem Swiss Red Chard, cut stems in chunks and put in blender. Leaves can be used for a side salad.
- Peel Beet, cut in chunks and put in blender.
- Add Basil and Sage leaves in blender.
- De-stem Oregano Leaves and place in blender.
- Add Dates.
- Blend until it has a chunky texture.
- Taste, add more fresh herbs to enhance flavor or Dates to make sweeter.
Put Zucchini and Summer Yellow Squash on bottom on plate. Pour Marinara sauce on top. Garnish with Basil Leaves.
You will taste the freshness of basil, sweetness of zucchini/squash, beets, tomatoes and dates.
Visit my Instagram for videos, recipes, workouts, and fitness motivation.