Healthy food is the medicine to many of our health problems. Change the way you eat and you will notice the changes in your body and brain.
Many people underestimate the healing power food naturally contains. It can help alleviate many health problems and restore our bodies internally. I’ve read stories of people suffering from cardiovascular diseases such as, high cholesterol, hypertension, digestive problems, over-weight, and some even develop Diabetes Type 2. Once they start eating healthy and change to a healthier lifestyle, they start healing and slowly stop taking many prescribed medications. My Mom is living proof of this. She modified the way she cooked and switched to a “clean-eating” diet and her Doctor lowered her hypertension medicine and her cholesterol levels dropped.
Foods for a healthier you:
- Include dark leafy greens which are rich in Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, Vitamins, K, C, E and in various phytonutrients, which help protect our cells from damage by radicals/oxidants.
- Meat: select lean meats such as, chicken, turkey, white fish, or grass-fed beef.
- Only eat fish 2-3 times per week to avoid Mercury or other metal poisoning.
- Drink 8 glasses or 3-4L of water daily to keep hydrated (cells need water for proper functioning), to help with digestion, for cleansing/detoxification, and to lose weight.
- Include healthy fats such as, almonds, Brazilian nuts, avocados, or coconut oil.
- Cook with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Cooking methods: steam, bake, grill, broil, and boil (don't boil vegetables as they lose many of their nutrient properties in the boiling process). Many methods cut down fat, calories and help retain food’s nutrients.
- User fresh herbs and no-sodium spices (Mrs. Dash) to enhance flavors
- Use Sea Salt, instead of regular table salt. Limit daily Sodium intake to 3,400mg/day
- Exercise 4-6 times a week, at least 30 mins per day. Iinclude cardiovascular and strength training exercises.